Huge amounts of fresh produce go to waste as a result of poor handling and temperature control through the supply chain. StePac has worked over the last 20 years to better understand this and work to come up with different means of reducing this wastage including good sanitation/disinfection, temperature management at the field, the packing house and during shipment as well as the advantages of the routine usage of modified atmosphere packaging.
We believe that the key for sustained reduction in wastage is integration of all of the aforementioned means in a systems approach and collaboration between different parties in the supply chain.
As part of this systems approach StePac offers expert post-harvest support and advise that are key to ensuring successful fresh produce trade transactions. Professional teams are stationed around the globe to assist growers, packers and shippers with post-harvest handling and logistics.
StePac's post-harvest services include—
- Conducting on-site auditing and technical consultation to ensure correct post-harvest handling of produce and quality arrivals
- Recommending appropriate pre-cooling technologies such as vacuum, forced air, hydro or hydro-vacuum
- Providing on-site packing instruction
- Recommending appropriate sanitation technologies
- Demonstrating container loading for optimal air and temperature distribution, crucial to long term storage and sea transport.
- Recommending and implementing new, state-of-the-art technologies when appropriate
For more information on Xtend® post-harvest support and consultation services please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org